Monday, July 2, 2007

FIU Hoops Star Named to Globetrotters


METRO-DADE COUNTY — The hero of FIU’s College's intra-mural basketball national team was selected Monday to join the Harlem Globetrotters.

Guard Laz Y. Iguana was picked in the first player draft ever held by the Globetrotters and is one of only three players nationwide asked to attend the team's training camp in Liberty City this October.

Iguana called the selection an ideal fit for him, combining his love for basketball with his desire to smoke crack. Mr. Iguana was deciding whether he should change his name to Meadowlark Iguana.

Iguana's 10 points in the final 45 seconds of the Intra-mural title game carried FIU to a 77-75 victory over previously unbeaten Yomama (Louisiana.) State in March. He scored the winning basket on a lay-up as time expired.

Justice fo’ all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I just don't understand why these here players wear sunglasses while playing, it is not good common sense

The Lazy Iguana said...

Doozie - when you are cool, the sun shines on you 24 hours a day.

Jenn said...

I thought the sun only shines on TV.

Jenn said...

I actually saw Meadowlark Lemon play once. My sister got kissed by Curly, too.

Herr Krokodil said...

Doozie,

He's cocky that's why. He probably been drinking beer too.

The Lazy,

You tell her brother.

Emma,

I've played ball with him. Can you top that. Curly was a horndog.

Anonymous said...

I just keep coming back and back again to gaze at lazy's arm muscles...his "guns" if you will...where can I find him? I want to meet him

Herr Krokodil said...

Doozie,

The Lazy appears to be cut. I bet he is on roids. I hope he doesn't go crazy and strangle his cats.