Sunday, July 22, 2007

Woman Arrested for kissing Penis of a Replica of Michael Angelo’s David by American Artist Herr Krokodil


AKRON, Ohio — A woman has been arrested on suspicion of kissing the penis of a replica of Michael Angelo’s David by American artist Herr Krokodil and smudging the statue’s bone-white penis with her lipstick, Ohio judicial officials said Saturday.

Police said they arrested a woman whose, identity has not been released, after she kissed the statue’s penis on Thursday. The woman keeps insisting that the statue is a colleague and is 19-years-old. If found competent the woman will be tried in a court in the southern city of Youngstown on Aug. 16 for "damage to a work of art," judicial officials said.

The statue, which is worth an estimated $20 million, was on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Akron. It is part of an exhibition slated to run at the museum through Sept. 30th, 2010.

Krokodil is known for his abstract sculpting techniques, repetitive themes and the use of his own body as the model for his statues.

Police say the woman was wearing a distinctive orange shade of lipstick so the arrest was rather easy.

Krokodil has lived in Davie for over half- century. He won the prestigious Golden Gator award at the Micanopy Statue Biennale in 2001.

Justice fo’ all.

5 comments:

dirty said...

Sometimes I can hardly contain myself when I see a penis...it is so hard to just keep my mouth to myself. I feel the arrest was unfair because that piece of art was very realistic looking.

Anonymous said...

Dirty,

I can't believe you would do something like this. I worked so hard on that statue. I guess it is somewhat of a compliment in that you thought it was real.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I was thinking of donating just my penis to the Bodies exhibit. You know they use Chinese cadavers. The wangs are probably really small. I think that at least one real penis should be on display.

Anonymous said...

I saw the penises on the cadavers that were NOT CHINESE, and they were fairly normal looking. I also saw a big boned lesbian attempting to snap one off out of hatred for men

Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

What a brilliant thought. Why not an entire American Penis Museum. Put it on Sanibel Island so that none of the members will be stode.

Doozie,

I do not like big-boned lesbians. It just turns my stomach and I just had a puddin pop.